- By the bright-forenoon,
- And the night when it is settles,
- Your Lord did not forsake you and he did not hate (you).
- And surely the Hereafter is better for you than the first.
- And surely soon your Lord will give you and so you will be satisfied.
- And did he not find you an orphan and shelter you?
- And he found you wandering, so he guided,
- And he found you needy, so he sufficed [you].
- So as for the orphan, then do not subjugate,
- And as for the petitioner, then do not repel,
- But as for the favor of your Lord, report [it]!
4. Hereafter/latter; first/former
8. Yes, this is a transitive verb. No, it has no object in the text. This whole surah is missing tons of direct objects.
I decided that this surah, if the Egyptian chronology for the surat was at all correct, must be at a time when Muhammad ceased to receive revelations for a while because of the internal content. The whole purpose seems to be to reassure Muhammad about his purpose. It turns out that’s exactly what the tasfir claim, so I have external evidence that I’m correct!