- Have you seen the one who denies the Code?
- Then that is the one who repulses the orphan,
- And does not urge feeding the poor.
- So woe to those who pray,
- Those who are heedless* about their prayers,
- Those who make a show,
- And they refuse the *small *kindnesses.
1. Again, “denies” has a sense of being dishonest here. And the “Code” is again the word for law/nomos: Deen.
7. “Refuse” as in block.
The first part is very early, but the second was added in Medina after Muhammad became concerned with the hypocrites.